hFirst and foremost, thank you to AJ from DisneyFoodBlog for this tweet this morning. I have known about the Briar Rose Gold line coming to Disney Parks from a few different outlets, but I have been waiting anxiously for the collection to be seen. As some of you know, DFB is an incredible place to find the latest news for Disney Parks, so be sure to check them out!
Briar Rose Gold is the newest trend in the world of Disney merchandise. In a previous blog, I talked about finding the perfect Minnie Ears and all of the new ears that have been coming out lately. You can add Briar Rose Gold to that long list!
What I really want to see right now is a side-by-side comparison between the original Rose Gold merchandise and the new Briar Rose Gold merchandise. From AJ’s tweet, it’s pretty clear that the ears and the spirit jersey look different. The ears themselves look to be a little more matte and less sequined/sparkley, while the bow has all the sequins. This is pretty much opposite of the original Rose Gold ears, and I’m guessing that’s what they were going for. The spirit jersey, of course, is a gray color with the Briar Rose Gold accents, whereas the original Rose Gold spirit jersey was more of an overall rosey/peachy color. As for the rest of the merchandise, it really is hard to tell right now what the exact differences are. I’m sure that someone, somewhere along the line will have side-by-sides for us to really get in there and examine.
Do you have any feelings about the Briar Rose Gold? Obviously, this is a really new collection, so it may be hard to judge right now. For me, I’m so obsessed with my original Rose Gold ears. They are my very favorite pair of ears, and it’s hard to imagine finding something else that I like even more. However, I LOVE that spirit jersey. So much so that, if they put it online, I may have to snatch it. I love the way that the dark gray compliments the Rose Gold on the back accents. It’s definitely a look that I’m a fan of.
What Disney clothing trends have been your favorite and least favorite? Tell me in the comments!
We’ve all been there, right? You tell yourself over and over that you will NOT spend too much money on Disney merchandise. You over-pack your suitcase to ensure you have more than enough clothing option to choose from every day. You tell yourself that you don’t “need” any souvenirs from Disney World. You avoid shopping online at all costs. But all it takes is one step into that beautifully renovated World of Disney store, one “we’re just walking through the stores on Main Street to avoid the crowd” or one visit to the website to completely abandon that plan.
There is simply some Disney merchandise that, no matter how hard I try, I can’t resist. Some of these are going to seem silly. You’re going to read it and say “what in the world is that crazy, 24 year old thinking?” But somewhere in my brain, I am unable to turn these things away. It’s like this Disney merch is my kryptonite.
- Ears: I’m sure this one was a little bit obvious. I cannot say no to new ears. And at $28 a piece, it’s no wonder I get wide eyed at my credit card statement. They’re just so cute. They elevate anything you’re wearing and immediately make it “Disney.” And they are ever changing. Just when I thought that the Potion Purple ears were that “new new,” they come out and surprise us with BOTH the donut ears and the Small World ears on site? I mean, come on! On my recent trip, I only had 3 theme park days, and I had 3 pairs of ears. Yet, somehow, I was still getting that little urge in my body to buy another pair. I didn’t even have a full park day to wear them. Did that stop me from wanting them? Absolutely not. Ears are my #1 cannot resist merch item at Disney World, and I don’t think that is ever going to change.
- Spirit Jerseys: Spirit jerseys are just like ears, for me. It’s really “basic” of me to say that I can’t resist them, but it’s true. And just like ears, Disney does not stop getting innovative with their spirit jerseys. The biggest problem with being a spirit jersey addict? They are NOT cheap. I’m not saying they aren’t worth the price. At $65 each, you really have to plan your spending wisely.
- Mystery Pin Packs: I’m not talking about the ones where you know its going to be 5 mystery pins from a set. I’m talking about the little, Disney World packaged pin packs. This one is definitely a little odd. I’m spending $12+ for two complete mystery pins. But, I love the mystery! That $12 spent is worth it to me for just the surprise aspect when I open the package. And I get to keep two pins to either keep or trade on top of that? That’s a BIG win for me. New pins purchased means new opportunities to trade, and pin trading to me is so quintessential Disney that I can’t help myself. (Speaking of pin trading, I am doing a 4 pin giveaway on my Instagram as soon as I reach 200 followers. Only about 50 more to go! The giveaway will allow the winner to choose any 4 pins from my collection and I will send them their way. Follow my Instagram to help me reach 200!)
- Socks: Here’s another weird one for you. I am now obsessed with Disney themed socks. It all started with my boyfriend’s mom. For Christmas this past year, I got 6 pairs of Disney socks themed after different characters. I’m going to be honest with you, I have not stopped wearing them since. They are SO cute. Luckily, socks aren’t very expensive and won’t significantly affect your budget. Plus, we all need socks. So it doesn’t hurt to just add to the collection!
- Anything on Sale: Now THIS is my real kryptonite. I am a girl after a deal 100 times out of 100. Does this mean I won’t splurge on something full price? Of course not! I just talked for over 600 words about how much I spend my money on Disney merchandise. What it DOES mean is that I will find something that I absolutely do not need and the moment that I see that it is on sale, I now need it in my life immediately. I end up saving approximately $0 on sale merchandise because it is always something that I could have gone without buying and been totally fine. I just don’t know how to pass up a t-shirt that is $10 cheaper than its original cost. I didn’t even know I needed that t-shirt until I saw that it is now so much cheaper than it once was. GIVE ME!
As you can see, I’m really good at the whole “self control” thing when it comes to shopping at Disney World. Maybe writing out my personal shopping issues will help me overcome them in the future. Step one is admitting you have a problem, and that’s what I’m doing now. Although, I don’t think it’s a HUGE problem. I’m just spending my money on cute things that I like. What’s the big deal?
What’s your Disney World merchandise addiction? Do you share any of the same with me? Let me know and we can talk through our addiction together. Solidarity, people.
**Follow my blog if you’re loving these Disney World topics! I’d love to have you along for the journey, and to cater even more to what all of my fellow Disney World fans want to hear about. I look forward to your input!**
Disney fashion has become a pretty hot topic since the expansion of social media. Everyone wants to share their own advice on what to wear and how to wear it for your Disney World vacation. Lucky for you, my dos and don’ts list is pretty short. Actually, it’s only a do’s list, and there’s only one do on there.
Do: Wear whatever it is that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Do you feel confident if you Disney Bound as your favorite character? Rock it! Do you feel comfortable wearing shorts and a t-shirt with your favorite gym shoes? Awesome! Do you feel the most picturesque wearing a dress? Go for it! There is nothing (aside from the rules that Disney has set up) that you can’t wear.
It’s really easy to get caught up in what the trends are. I’m a victim of this, too. I this Disney Bounding is so cool. I love the way that all of the dedicated Disney fans can turn street wear into a look that mimics that of their favorite characters. But, for me, I don’t feel confident in that. Should I feel bad or like I’m not a big enough Disney fan because I don’t Disney Bound? No. But, it’s easy to feel that way. I also love the looks that I see on Pinterest and Instagram posts. The outfits that people put together are always so cute and trendy. But, I know myself and I know my body. Those looks aren’t going to be the same on me as they are on others.
So, pack up your favorite outfits. What is it that you tend to lean toward when you’re getting dressed each day? What are the looks that you have felt the most comfortable and confident in? That’s what you should bring with you to Disney World. If you want to take a risk and try something new, go for it! There’s nothing holding you back. Just don’t pack up your suitcase in hopes that you will live up to the expectations of social media Disney fashion. Disney World is about being able to get away from the real world, be a kid again, and have fun. No one needs the added pressure of lacking confidence or comfort. Be YOU, always.
I lied. This blog does actually have one don’t. Don’t try to be anyone but yourself with your Disney fashion. Express who you are, embrace what makes you confident, and don’t ever try to be something you’re not.